Sunday, January 31, 2016

Quarterbacks

For my first couple of posts on this blog I will be going over some of the strengths and weaknesses of some of the different positions on the Bears, along with my opinions.

To start I'm going to discuss the most important position on any NFL Team, the quarterback's.

Here is the their current QB Depth Chart:
1. Jay Cutler
2. David Fales
3. N/A

-Let's first start with Cutler. Let me start off by saying that I have always been a fan of Cutler's skill as far as throwing the football. I don't think there are many quarterbacks in the NFL that can make some of the throws he does. However, along with many other Bears fans, once the game reaches critical time in the fourth quarter we sort of hold our breath and wait for Cutler to throw a pick. The other fact of the matter is his off the field demeanor. He almost never talks with teammates on the sideline's during the game and seems like he would rather be doing something else other than playing football. In my opinion, the Bears should actively seek for another franchise QB through the draft. However, this years draft is very weak for QB so I think the Bears should at least take a shot at one in the late rounds and let Cutler have at least one more year. I know Cutler did have statistically the best year of his career, but in the end the team finished 6-10 which in not good enough at all. As for David Fales, I think he is at best a career backup, maybe someone who could step up and manage a game every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment