For my second post I will disscuss the Chicago Bears situation when it comes to running backs.
Current Depth Chart:
1. Matt Forte
2. Jeremy Langford
3. Kadem Carey
- I'll start off by saying that in my opinion Matt Forte has been the most consistent running back in the NFL in the past ten years. Usually running backs have one or two really good years and then kind of fade away. Year in and year out Forte continues to have extremely productive seasons regardless of his offensive line. The area of concern for the Bears is his age, Forte turned 31 this past season and historically, this is the age where running backs start to take a decline in production. Forte does so much both on and off the field for the Bears as he has been a team leader for many years. Having said this, Forte is a free agent and I think it would be smart for the Bears to move on without him. They should let him go chase a championship like they did with Charles Tillman. I really think Forte was getting tired of playing for a team that is in constant rebuild mode. Langford played extremely well for a rookie fourth round pick with six total touchdowns. Having said this I still dont think he is ready to take the full load at the running back position. Since the Bears are still at least a couple years away for being legitimate contenders, I think they should spilt the load between Langford and Carey. Hopefully during the next season one of them shows that they have what it takes to be a full time NFL running back.
No comments:
Post a Comment