Thursday, February 25, 2016

Promote your own web site post

For this post I will be promoting and analyzing my own blog.

Let's first start with the promoting. I think the subject matter on my blog is very detailed and stays on the subject matter for the most part. I also believe the structure and organization of my blog helps make it easier for users to navigate the blog. A lot of other blogs that I have looked at do not have purpose pages or about pages and some didn't even have contact pages. The layout that I chose also makes the landing page seem very crisp. I think my blog does a great job at telling the reader that I am somewhat of an expert on the Chicago Bears in general.

Now I do some analysis. After taking a look at some of the other blogs in my same niche I think my blog could use some major work. The first thing that I noticed right off the bat is how bland and original that my blog looks. A lot of the other blogs that I looked at had lots of different colors and lots of different pictures. These colors and pictures really made their post sort of pop off the page. When you look at my blog there is really only two very dull colors used throughout the entire blog. The other thing is that I have never included any pictures in any of my blogs. I think the use of pictures is very important to getting the reader interested at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment